New releases from Vacheron Constantin, Fears, Audemars Piguet and morePietro Pilla
Wow… Nobody expected much in terms of watch releases this week, but some of the biggest brands in the industry unexpectedly decided to present very special pieces. In particular, Vacheron Constantin, for the first time ever, allowed the media direct access to the releases of Les Cabinotiers, the brand’s crème de la crème, usually only shown to top clients.
In addition, Audemars Piguet continues its streak of pop culture-savvy collaborations, this time teaming up with megastar rapper Travis Scott on a signature model that introduces an unprecedented ceramic colour. Discover more below!
Jaeger-LeCoultre x Mr Porter Reverso Classic Monoface Small Seconds Sydney
- Sydney finally gets the recognition as a style capital that it deserves with a limited-edition Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso.
- It features a case back with a detailed outline of the city’s most recognisable landmark, Sydney Harbour.
- It’s joined by other models celebrating other “internationally renowned cities of style”, namely Los Angeles and Singapore.
Baltic HMS 002, Bicompax 002 & MR01 PVD Gold Collection
- Baltic closes 2023 by unveiling a new aesthetic not seen in their current range.
- The HMS 002, Bicompax 002 and MR01 have been reimagined with gold PVD coatings.
- With only a minor price increase, Baltic’s trio is still competing at the more affordable end of the spectrum.
Atelier Wen x Wristcheck x seconde/seconde/ Perception Ju Ci
- Usually during the production of complex guilloche dials, the success rate is not 100%, unless you have /seconde/seconde on your team.
- For the limited edition Atelier Wen x Wristcheck, 36 dials were discarded and randomly cut on one side to mark the defective ones.
- The disruptive French artist decided to save them by stitching them individually with gold threads, making them completely unique.
Chopard Alpine Eagle Australia Limited Edition “Sunburnt Red”
- The Chopard Alpine Eagle needs no introduction, but this time the Swiss brand has teamed up with First Nations artist Shal to create a limited edition for Australia.
- The iconic ‘Eagle Eye’ dial texture is combined with a dramatic fumé red colour inspired by Australian landscapes.
- The nicely finished movement this time is partially covered by Shal’s emblematic red motifs.
Franck Muller x Bamford Watch Department Snoopy Crazy Hours
- Bamford Watch Department teams up with Franck Muller and Peanuts for their second collaborative limited edition.
- Once again built upon the Franck Muller Crazy Hours framework, this model is presented in a new arctic white colour scheme.
- The Franck Muller x BWD Crazy Hours Arctic Snoopy is a limited edition of 45 pcs.
Vacheron Constantin Les Cabinotiers Récits de Voyage
- Vacheron Constantin releases a collection of pieces uniques inspired by a world tour with stops at key destinations for the expansion of the brand.
- The exceptional pieces in the collection are the pinnacle of the brand’s craftsmanship, both in terms of artistry and horological technology.
- The watch in the image above is called the Grisaille High Jewellery Dragon and features a green grisaille enamel dial, the first in the history of the brand.
Fears Redcliff ‘Edwin Edition’
- The original founder of Fears, Edwin Fears, was born 200 years ago – so his brand decided to celebrate this milestone by presenting a new timepiece.
- The custom Roman numerals on the lacquered glossy dial are inspired by a 1920s Fears station clock from their archive in Bristol.
- The watch maintains classic proportions of 38mm x 8.5mm thanks to a thin Swiss quartz movement.
Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Perpetual Calendar Openworked “Cactus Jack”
- Hip-hop star Travis Scott in his latest album mentions a “Chocolate AP” – which has now come to fruition in a brown ceramic perpetual calendar Royal Oak.
- This unprecedented colour of ceramic frames an open-worked dial with hand-written typography derived from Travis Scott’s hand-drawn model.
- This limited edition features hand-drawn typography and a unique moonphase disc plus a customized Cactus Jack rotor on the back together with an engraving referring to his latest album ‘Utopia’.
Dan Henry 1972 Maverick
- Dan Henry adds a new time-only model and a redesigned chronograph in the 1972 Maverick collection.
- The minimalist design of the case, clearly inspired by the Orfina Porsche Design Chronograph 1 worn by Tom Cruise in ‘Top Gun’, gets an equally minimalist dial with an inner GMT bezel.
- Both watches have a stainless steel case and sapphire crystal: the chronograph is powered by a quartz movement, while the time-only is powered by an automatic calibre.
Ball Roadmaster Marine GMT Meteorite
- The Roadmaster Marine GMT collection gets a new dial made by Gibeon meteorite.
- Each dial will set itself apart thanks to the different Widmanstätten crystalline patterns, making every dial unique.
- This is a limited edition of 1000 pieces and you can choose your own number between those available.