New releases from Omega, Zenith, Breguet, (and Baltic, Furlan Marri, and Studio Underd0g) and morePietro Pilla
This LWIW is a special one for us: we’re celebrating the 10th anniversary of Time+Tide and for the occasion, the whole team met in Melbourne for the first time. So, in addition to the usual suspects, in this week’s selection, you’ll find the three limited editions we launched to celebrate this big milestone. Enjoy reading and let us know which one you prefer among the three!
Baltic x Time+Tide Hermétique Night Mode
- Baltic and Time+Tide have joined forces to release a field watch that accelerates into contemporary tastes with an on-trend 37mm case size and an all-black aesthetic.
- It features a black PVD stainless steel case, black dial and indices made from C3 X1 Super-LumiNova, the brightest grade of Super-LumiNova.
- Powered by the Miyota calibre 9039, it’s water-resistant to 150m and features a 42-hour power reserve.
Furlan Marri x TIme+Tide Outback Elegy
- Furlan Marri presents its first boutique edition in partnership with Time+Time, taking inspiration from the Australian outback.
- The dark brown dial has a double finish that darkens on the outside, with a carefully printed sector layout and dial appliqués.
- It features Roman numerals instead of the usual Breguet, making it a first for the brand in the Mechanical line.
Studio Underd0g x Time+Tide Hand Delivered
- Originally a lighthearted April Fools Day prank in 2023, this pizza watch concept was never actually meant to be made… With thousands angered that the pizza watch was not real, we now rectify the trauma of the prank with two actual pizza-flavoured Studio Underd0g x Time+Tide Hand Delivered watches.
- Two flavours are available: a classic Pepper0ni with olives, mushroom and basil, or a sinful Hawaiian.
- It’s exclusively available at the Time+Tide Discovery Studio in Melbourne – or you can order one through a hand-delivered QR code should you encounter Andrew or Richard in person.
Zenith Pilot Collection Boutique Editions
- Zenith’s updated Pilot range has been expanded with blue dials.
- Although they look like standard blue models, they’ve been made exclusive to Zenith boutiques.
- Both variants’ movements are derived from El Primero calibres with a 5Hz beat rate.
Omega Speedmaster Dark Side of the Moon Apollo 8
- Omega has just launched a new Speedmaster Apollo 8 Dark Side of the Moon six years after the original.
- It features a new laser-turned grade 5 titanium Saturn V rocket-shaped running seconds hand, METAS calibre, and other subtle changes.
- The original retailed for A$14,850 in 2018: this new model is launching at A$23,650.
Breguet Classique 5345 & 7145 – Lunar New Year 2024
- Breguet presents two editions celebrating the upcoming Lunar New Year with hand-engraved rose gold dragons.
- The 5345 model features a dragon twirling between the two tourbillons over an intricate skeletonised dial.
- The 7147 model gives us the legendary animal over a deep red Grand Feu enamel, again showing Breguet’s exceptional craftsmanship.
Biver Carillon Tourbillon Bucherer
- Biver releases a Bucherer piece unique featuring the retailer’s signature blue.
- The 18k white gold case is adorned with 30.52 carats of sapphires in a blue gradient.
- The sodalite dial and blue stingray leather strap follow the same theme and are the final touches to the watch.
Frederique Constant Slimline Perpetual Calendar Manufacture
- The Frederique Constant Slimline Perpetual Calendar Manufacture enters its third iteration in three years.
- It was designed by Peter Speake, famed for his Piccadilly watches of Speake-Marin.
- This version is the most versatile with a steel case and grey dial, and is limited to 135 pieces.
Hamilton Khaki Aviation Pilot
- Hamilton expands their most popular field range with additional Khaki Pilot Aviation references in 42mm and 36mm.
- In addition to downsizing, we have a position change of the date window on the 42mm model and its absence on the 36 mm model.
- It’s available in blue, green and white for the bigger size and blue, black and white for the smaller size.
Swatch Sweet Embrace & Angel Bart
- Swatch continues its Simpsons collaboration with two new additions to the collection for Valentine’s Day.
- With one model measuring 41mm wide and the other measuring 34mm, they might be the perfect his-and-hers watches for the festivity.
- While a happy scene of Marge and Homer fills the first dial, on the second we have Bart, armed with a bow and arrow, playing the role of Cupid.
Hz Watches HZ.01
- Melbourne-based microbrand releases an affordable, titanium everyday watch
- Made to be an all-rounder, it hits an aggressive, under-US$200 price point
- Its case and tuxedo dial are inspired by vintage watches, with minimal branding and a nod to its Ronda quartz movement