New releases from Breitling, JLC, Swatch and morePietro Pilla
This week we have seen some big collaborations: a superstar athlete’s first signature watch with a major watch brand, an iconic Japanese artist being enamelled on the back of an everlasting icon and even Homer Simpson’s favourite food making its way onto a Swatch. Nomos has also celebrated a major milestone – the 175th anniversary of watchmaking in Glashütte – with a luxurious new piece that’s something a bit different.
UniDesign Model One
- UniDesign makes a unique-looking timepiece focusing on the value proposition that microbrands are supposed to offer.
- The compact, stainless steel case is under 10mm thick, but this doesn’t prevent the watch from being water resistant to 100m.
- This sleek integrated sports watch has three dial configurations: green, blue and grey.
Zenith Chronomaster Sport Aaron Rodgers
- Zenith teams up with brand ambassador and NFL quarterback Aaron Rodgers for their first-ever Chronomaster Sport Limited Edition.
- Functionally identical to the standard models, it introduces a first-ever green dial and ceramic bezel for the collection.
- It’s also the first Chronomaster Sport to use applied Arabic numerals on the dial, evoking football jerseys.
- Breitling has unveiled the first major refresh of their Avenger collection since the range was relaunched in 2019.
- A millimetre has been shaved off all case sizes in the collection, although the Avenger in all its guises remains large and robust.
- The black ceramic and carbon fibre ‘Night Mission’ is a particular highlight.
Certina DS Super PH1000M
- Certina brings back from the 70s the iconic DS-2 SuperPH 1000M, a diver’s watch capable of 1km deep dives.
- Thanks to being part of the Swatch Group, it’s powered by the fan-favourite Powermatic 80.
- It’s available in either a black or an orange dial, with the latter being limited to 1000 pieces.
Bulgari x Chronopassion x Mo Coppoletta Octo Finissimo Tattoo Fuoco
- Bulgari joins forces with Chronopassion and Mo Coppoletta again for a 15-piece limited edition.
- The solid rose gold case and matching bracelet are sandblasted and the laser engraved with a decoration that continues also on the dial.
- After the ‘Aria’ and ‘Aqua’, both in titanium, this ‘Fuoco’ edition is the final chapter of the artistic trilogy.
Bell & Ross BR 03-92 Diver Tara
- The French brand unveils a new watch to celebrate its partnership with the Fondation Tara Océan, a public interest foundation dedicated to the world’s oceans and marine biodiversity.
- Featuring a matte blue ceramic case, this watch is designed to withstand the toughest aspects of maritime exploration.
- Water-resistant to 300m, it’s sold with a matching blue rubber strap with a PVD buckle as well as an orange woven strap.
Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Tribute Enamel Hokusai
- JLC unveils two new Reverso Tribute timepieces decorated with miniature-painted enamel reproductions of works by Katsushika Hokusai, Japan’s most celebrated 19th-century artist.
- The masters of the Manufacture’s Métiers Rares atelier show off here with Grand Feu enamelling, painstakingly accurate recreations and hand-guilloched dials.
- Crafted from white gold, each variant is limited to 10 pieces.
Swatch Seconds of Sweetness
- Swatch brings The Simpsons to life with the yellow and pink of the new Seconds of Sweetness model.
- The Homer Simpson yellow of the matte Bioceramic case continues on the integrated silicone strap.
- A pink doughnut stands unfazed in the centre of the dial, and a bite mark leaves space for the Swatch logo.
Romain Gauthier C Titanium Edition Five
- Romain Gauthier brings back the popular sport model C, maintaining its refined character but this time in a sportier titanium case.
- The hand-engraved champagne dial is the star of the show here, with burgundy details that match the rubber grip ring on the 2 o’clock crown.
- The exceptionally finished movement is visible through the back and each one is engraved with “1 of 38”, being a limited edition.
Nomos Glashütte Tangente Rose Gold Neomatik
- Nomos digs into their archives to offer again the popular two-tone “Lange” dial, this time in a luxurious rose gold case.
- As a tribute to the past, the case is 35mm wide and just 6.9mm thick (or thin) also thanks to the in-house calibre DUW 3001.
- A celebration of the 175th anniversary of watchmaking in Glashütte, it’s limited to just 175 pieces.