One of the watches we were most looking forward to seeing at SIHH was the Roger Dubuis Excalibur Automatic Skeleton – the Geneva brands brand new entry level watch in their iconic Excalibur collection. And in the metal it certainly didn’t dissapoint. Deceptively light for such a large gold watch (turns out cutting out most of the movement reduces weight a bit – who knew), and a really comfortable wear on the wrist. We shot the pink gold model with baguette diamond set bezel, and while the bling isn’t for everyone this watch would like killer on the high rollers baccarat table.
And the movement, as you would expect from a brand who’s entire production qualifies for the Geneva Seal, is excellent. Often if a brand finishes a watch in a modern style like this they will cut corners on the quality of finish – citing ‘their industrial aesthetic’ and hi tech process. Not so with the Dubuis. The anglage and polishing is as good as anything you’ll see, and makes the movement stunning to look at up close.
SPECIFICATIONS: Roger Dubuis Excalibur Automatic Skeleton in pink gold set with diamonds
- Case: Ø 42mm, pink gold, bezel set with 60 baguette- cut diamonds (1.84 cts approx.)
- Thickness: 11.69 mm
- Dial: Skeleton, charcoal grey flange, white minute-circle and Roger Dubuis transfers, pink gold appliques, skeleton hands in gold
- Water resistance: 3 BAR (30 m)
- Gemstones: 60 baguette-cut diamonds approx.
- Carats: 1.84 cts approx.
- Calibre: Self-winding movement with micro-rotor, RD820SQ
- Certification: Poinçon de Genève