You never know who you’re going to bump into in the halls of a watch fair like SIHH. Apart from when you get a tipoff in your schedule that a celebrity will be at a booth at a certain time, and you get there early with your cameraman to make sure you make something happen. Unfortunately in this case the chat was off camera, but the quotes were real. Here are five things you almost certainly (apart from you crazy Ryan and Deadpool fans) didn’t know about Ryan Reynolds on the subject of watches.
5 things you probably didn’t know about Ryan Reynolds and his watches
- He had a smart watch, but he accidentally smashed it on a wall. Smart watches, says Reynolds, are for “counting calories” and that’s it.
- He was handed down his grandfather’s watch, which was issued to him as a solder in a World War 2. He says it has a mystical air.
- He has his daughter’s initials engraved on his watch.
- His daughter’s name is James Reynolds.
- He has a criteria for all watches that he buys. They must tick the following boxes: timeless, elegant, functional and flexible.
What on earth is SIHH? (The Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie)
We’re so glad you asked.