Want to have your watch story published on Time+Tide? We are open for submissions …Andrew McUtchen
It’s a question we never, ever get tired of asking. What sealed the deal on your watch? What was the straw that broke the camel’s wallet? The way the light melts across the domed box crystal? The price you got from that uncle with a gambling problem? The day you saw it on someone else and knew you had to have it?
What Sealed the Deal has been a regular segment on Time+Tide for a few years now. But today, we’re opening up the floor to include you. We’re asking, what sealed the deal on your favourite watch/es? Here’s how you get involved:
1. Answer the following questions. 50-100 words on each should do it:
- When did you first see/hear about it?
- Any story behind the purchase?
- What was the deciding factor?
- Any surprises?
- When do you wear it?
- How does it feel on the wrist?
2. As for images, there are three options:
- We can pull from your Instagram account, if you have lots of shots there, like we did with Chad and his vintage Seiko 6105 and Champs and his Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Jumbo Extra-Thin 15202
- If you fancy yourself as a bit of a pro, you can do like Andrew did here with his TAG Heuer Monaco Cal 11 review, and include some heavy-hitting pro shots (in this case by Jason Reekie)
- Go semi-pro and take your own shots, with your smartphone or camera, and supply them to us, like Nathan did with his Omega Racing Speedy and Julian did with his Daytona. They don’t have to be face-melters. This is all about the story.
3. Whichever option you choose re the images, please include the following shots if possible:
- Front on
- Case profile from the side
- On the wrist
- Any fancy detail shots that show a detail you like about the watch
- No more than 10 pics please
We can’t wait to read your submissions, so fire away! Please send to [email protected]
All the very best, and in shared watch obsession,
Andrew and the team.