Well cowboys and girls, we made it. It’s Friday and if you aren’t comfortably furnished with a fine drink of your choosing we hope that moment is not too far away. What happened this week in the world of watches? We’re going to have to be honest. We don’t really know. We have a vague idea… Something about the Chopard group launching something or other? Something about De Bethune? Please forgive us, our minds were on the following things:
- Watches & Wonders in Honky Town – We leave Tuesday next week; the schedule has some bumper days of new product, interviews with legends like Jerome Lambert from Montblanc, and nights of endless dinners and parties. Hashtag humblebrag.
- Death – Morbid, we know. But is this not one of the better skull watches you’ve ever seen? Especially for under 10 grand.
- Career – Isn’t this quote from Creative Director of Vacheron Constantin just marvellous? -“I come from a watchmaking family. When I graduated in the late ’70s none of us chose to go into watchmaking, because we all thought it would be dead in a few years.” Read more, you must.
- Some top secret things – There is simply nothing we can say about them, aside from the fact that they are going to Rock. Your. World. They are rocking ours.
- Felix’s Birthday! Happy birthday Mr Editor….. Happy Birthday, to, youuuuuuuuu